Friday, 8 October 2010

The Top 10 Questions People Have About Stock Trading

At some point in time people often begin to wonder about the stock market. Is it risky? Is it a good place to invest? Is it right for me? Can I do it? How do I start?
I did a simple search on the internet for questions relating to "stock trading" and compiled the top 10 questions that people had when it came to trading stocks.
1. What is the best online company for trading stocks?
By far and away the most common questions I found (almost a third of them) were concerned with finding the best online stock trading company. This appears to be one of the most common stumbling blocks to getting started trading stocks online.
2. How can I learn about and get started trading stocks?
The next most popular questions were on how one gets started trading stocks. Where can you learn what you need to know, and what do you need to do to get started?
3. What are the definitions or meanings of common stock market trading terms?
More than a few questions centered on finding the definitions of common stock market trading terms. Some examples include: portfolio, volume, forex and options trading.
4. What is the best stock trading software out there?
The next most popular questions on people's minds related to finding good software to assist them in finding reliable trading signals and setting up trades.
5. What is the best virtual stock trading platform?
Next, we had a group of questions relating to virtual or simulated stock trading? Apparently, new traders want to test the waters before making a capital investment. Not a bad idea.
6. What are the best mobile devices for trading stocks?
This group of questions came as a little bit of a surprise, but I guess reflects the changing landscape of the way people access the internet. No more being glued to your computer screen. Now, you can day trade from just about anywhere.
7. How can I do international stock trading online?
It seems that more than a few people are interested in the international stock market scene.
8. How do I start a stock trading account?
Just as baffling as how to find a good online broker (Question #1) is how one actually sets up their trading account.
9. How can I start day trading?
Day trading is something of a mystery to many, but it apparently has some mainstream appeal.
10. What are the rules that govern stock trading service providers?
This last group of questions, rounding out position 10, tended to be very specific and related to what stock trading companies will and won't let you do. These include questions like 'can I day trade without margin?', or 'can I settle my cash profit the same day?' This is a further refinement of Question #1 on finding the right service provider.
After considering all the questions that people are looking for answers to, I think it can be summerized in a single question.
How can I learn how to trade stocks?
The answer can be found here, but ultimately comes down to learning the basics and then finding a good stock trading system to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment